Blog

Mold in your air

By

March 17, 2014

Comments are Disabled

Mold

Mold is the leading cause of allergy symptoms which could result in serious health conditions such as emphysema, asthma and even death. Symptoms can develop, and health concerns can arise, even when mold spores are inhaled in small amounts. Mold is opportunistic. It will take advantage of every opportunity to grow. In fact, mold can start to grow very quickly, and can even continue to thrive in low humidity levels.

When mold spores are allowed to grow and develop in large quantities, they can present health hazards to humans, potentially causing both respiratory and allergic reactions. There are some molds that are also known to produce mycotoxins that can pose a serious health risk to both humans and animals. Some research studies have shown that exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can lead to neurological problems and in some cases death. Prolonged exposure, like what may occur at home or at work on a daily basis, may be particularly harmful.

Share this:

(Visited 87 times, 1 visits today)